Developing a One Stop Shop Service for Improving Investor Services in Bangladesh
Apex Consulting was contracted by the World Bank Group/Trade Competitiveness Bangladesh to execute a project to develop a One Stop Shop Service for investors in Bangladesh. This project aims to provide an online facilitation mechanism that connects relevant investment-related government agencies to provide efficient and transparent services to investors. This national investor portal will be the single point of contact between the Government of Bangladesh and the investor. Apex will work primarily with the Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) to design, develop and implement the One Stop Shop for Investors. It is intended to support Bangladesh in improving BIDA’s investment facilitation service and the regulatory delivery efficiency of line agencies through streamlined and integrated administrative processes managed by trained staff in a modern environment.
The primary goal of this project, as set forth in the project document, is to complete preparatory activities for the launch of the BIDA online One-Stop-Shop Service (BIDA OSS) which will form part of the Bangladesh Investment Information Portal (BIIP) in 2018. In addition to system design and process re-engineering, this project covers the legal framework, financial and business model for governance and operations, change management, risk management, communications and capacity development of OSS participating entities. Tasks include collecting investor-related information and data to populate the portal, designing a public outreach campaign, conducting quality assurance and monitoring and evaluating the system.
Main activities include developing:
- Legal and Regulatory framework for the OSS
- Governance and Operational Model for the OSS
- Revenue model and Fee Structure for the operation of the OSS, only if there is sufficient justification for recovery of costs from investors
- Service Level Agreements for participating Agencies in the OSS
- Business Process Reengineering (As-Is and To-Be process maps), Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Change Management and Communications strategy and plan for the OSS
- Conceptual design of workflow management system of OSS
- Technical and Functional Architecture and specification for the OSS System
- Risk Management Strategy and model for Agencies participating in the OSS
- Capacity Building strategy and plan for the OSS, Operations Manual updated
- Knowledge Transfer to local ICT firm.
- Client IFC - World Bank Group
- Date October 5, 2017
- Tags Public Sector, Public Administration Reform, Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation, Program Management, Capacity Building, Trade and Competitiveness and Private Sector Development