One of Apex’s best areas of expertise is in project management. We understand the key factors that are key to ensuring that your project or program accomplishes all of your goals. Employing effective management techniques is not as simple as it may seem upon first glance. And it can mean the difference between an effective program and one whose objectives are unclear, which is perpetually behind schedule, and whose budget is out of control. Apex has the skills to ensure that, from start to finish, your goals are met.
We are fully committed to ensuring delivery of a program which fully meets the client’s expectations, and which is delivered in a timely way in full coordination with all stakeholders. We adopt a structured approach to program and project management, based on an in-house model, suitably adapted to local and specific project needs. In addition, all Apex staff involved in project management are trained on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Apex consultants are highly experienced in coordination of all project support activities. We use a documented Quality Management System, and we apply these standards rigorously in the delivery of projects to ensure maximum effectiveness. Our rigorous quality assurance process sets us apart from competitors, and is illustrated in the figure below.
An enormous effort has been invested in maintaining the depth and rigor of our quality assurance processes at the project level.
In practice, these involve:
- Detailed start-up procedures, including the production of a project risk register.
- A monthly project progress report assessing risk across different parameters. Under this program, this will be submitted by the program manager to the program director and our central quality assurance staff.
- Escalation of all projects “at risk” for discussion by the Consulting Management Team at monthly intervals.
- Compulsory review of each consultant team member’s performance by the Program Manager.
- Detailed rules on the internal approval of all deliverables before submission to the client.
The behaviors required by this quality assurance process are encouraged by a variety of mechanisms, most notably the inclusion of an individual compliance measure in all Project Managers’ appraisal objectives, and a comprehensive program of spot audits by internal quality assurance staff.