Trade & Competitiveness
A dynamic private sector functions as the main driver of sustainable economic growth and employment. It helps to reduce poverty and is considered as a conduit towards shared prosperity. However, many developing countries – particularly poor and conflict-affected states – have yet to fully unlock their economic potential.
Our team delivers integrated solutions to help improve investment climate and trade and competitiveness landscape by leveraging a comprehensive approach that addresses the legal, regulatory, procedural and institutional barriers affecting all phases of the investment and business lifecycle.
Private Sector Development
Apex has long experience working with the IRBD and other donors on private sector development projects. Apex has conducted studies which explain and characterize private sector performance by providing a comprehensive description of the environment firms face as well as the public policy in which they operate, and the way the political economy of state-business relations may or may not constrain progress on formulating, articulating, and implementing reforms. Those results can then be used to develop a reform package specific to local needs.
Specific services that Apex has provided in this area are:
- In depth research including in depth interviews with public officials and private sector operators.
- Collection of Economic and enterprise statistics, wages, and various prices.
- Collecting information on industrial zones.
- Collecting information on the most important government programs in support of the private sector in each country.
- Identifying appropriate resources to prepare focused interviews.