Afghanistan Business License Renewal Assessment
The objectives of this assignment are to (1) Clarify and analyse the problem situation with respect to the renewal of licenses and tax clearance, and provide recommendations on how to streamline these processes, and (2) Develop a strategy paper for the unification of business licensing and registration processes, including an implementation roadmap for the transfer of Afghan Investment Support Agency’s (AISA) licensing services to the Ministry of Commerce and Industries’ (MOCI) Afghanistan Central Business Registry. These tasks also include developing a new business model for AISA to support financially sustainable investment promotion activities in Afghanistan.
Meeting these objectives will result in an increased ease of doing business (and increased economic activity), a reduction in the costs and risks of business operations, and an improvement in the government’s capacities to build and sustain reform momentum in Afghanistan.
Our staff is responsible for the following:
- Conduct an assessment of business license renewal process which includes the following agencies and processes:
- Ministry of Commerce and Industries (MOCI) – Afghan Central Business Registry (ACBR): Trade License
- Afghan Investment Support Agency (AISA): Investment License
- Afghanistan Revenue Department – Medium Tax Office (MTO), Small Tax Office (STO), and Mustofiat: Tax Clearance Certificate
- This assessment includes:
- Review the policy on license renewal and tax clearance certificate
- Process assessment
- Interview the private sector
- Analyse the relevant processes
- Compiling assessment reports
- Providing Legal Opinion
- Develop a strategy paper including a draft road map.
- Client World Bank Group
- Date July 10, 2013
- Tags Public Sector, Trade and Competitiveness and Private Sector Development, Public Administration Reform